Tailor Made Courses
Tailor made courses - a concept evolved to minimize the industry – academia gap of Post Graduate research scholars. This proposed initiative have the support & blessings from IEEE SSCS (Solid State Circuits Society) on all levels. The program aims to occupy PG scholars with hands-on training on industry based tools to prepare them Industry ready.
We already did the following home works.
Prepared the syllabus for the courses (VLSI & EMBEDDED) with the help of Industry persons & other academic experts.
The experts who helped us are,
1. Dr Jan Van, IEEE-SSCS President
2. Dr Rakesh Kumar, former SSCS President & CEO, TCX Technology Connexions, California.
3. Mr. Rakesh Malik, Sr Group Manager at ST Microelectronics, & Chair at IEEE SSCS Delhi chapter as the suitable Industry Personal.
All of them showed great interest & expressed their willingness to participate in this venture.
We formed an advisory board consisting of,
1. Dr Rakesh kumar - President & CEO, TCX Technology Connexions, California & former SSCS President.
2. Dr Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar – Vice-Chancellor, JNU, New Delhi
3. Mr Rakesh Malik - Sr Group Manager at ST Microelectronics, & Chair at IEEE SSCS Delhi chapter
4. Dr Rama S Komaragiri – Professor HOD, Bennett University, Uttar Pradesh.
5. Dr D Nirmal – Associate Professor, Karunya University, Coimbatore.
Finalized a syllabus with the concurrence of the advisory committee members.
The same procedure is followed for EMBEDDED SYSTEM course . For this course “Digicore Technologies Pvt. Ltd” is our industry partner.
We wish to propose a third course in Communication Engg., with Ansys as our industry partner.
Inauguration of Tailor Made Courses
To enhance the employability & to train students to meet industry requirements - “Tailor made courses” for PG (VLSI) & UG (VLSI, Embedded & Comm.) – Syllabus approved by Industry Experts – Funding from IEEE-SSCS – scheduled for 8th April, 2017. Inaugural function conducted on 13th March, 2017 by Mr. Harish Mysore, Director IEEE India Operations. He interacted with faculty members & students (PG & S6 ECE students) in an interactive session and also interacted with higher officials in another session. He also interacted with 23 students from various streams in Saintgits Group of Institutions in the session “Gyanikkoppam-Know the Genius”.
Tailor Made Course in IC Design
The 1st session on “Design of CMOS Inverter” was conducted by Prof. Ajayan K R, CET, Trivandrum in the AB Seminar Hall on 1st April, 2017. 6 students from S6 ECE, MTech students, 3 alumni and 2 external participants attended the session. Few faculty members including Dr. K P Zacharia, Aravindhan A, Dr. Ansal K A, Ajith Ravindhran(Coordinator), Ashwin P V, Abraham George(EE), Lintu Rajan, Roshni Oommen, Riya Susan Mathews, Dhanusha P B, Hanna Mathew, Sreekala K S, Ashly John also attended the session.
2nd session by Er. Aravindhan A conducted on 8th April, 2017 and 3rd session was conducted on 22nd April, 2017 with 18 students (UG-6, PG-M2-5, PG-M4-4, Alumni-2 and 1 from Chengannur Engineering College).
After the successful conduction of the ‘Gyannikoppam - Know the...Read More