Chemical Engineering Department of SAINTGITS College of Engineering is established in the year 2017 as the 5th college under APJ AKTU. The department has proven faculty members and veterans as mentors having experience in academics, Industry and Research organizations. At present the department offers 4 year B.Tech programme in Chemical Engineering. Department is set to provide unique opportunities to the students to LEARN. GROW. And EXCEL in chemical engineering and technology.
To be a nationally recognized chemical engineering department coupled with research strengths in process safety, process systems engineering, applied thermodynamics, polymers, mineral processing, and biochemical engineering.
Provide a high-quality education experience that will prepare graduates to assume leadership positions within chemical and other associated industries. Foster and encourage the pursuit of new knowledge and innovative scholarship in chemical sciences and engineering. Provide leadership to the chemical engineering profession through teaching, and consultancy.
It is the branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and operation of systems and plants that deal with mainly chemical reactions to solve practical problems or make useful products. The range of chemical engineering is evident since its principles are involved in the operation of large chemical refineries to artificial organs of the human body.
Chemical Engineering today occupies a unique position at the interface between Molecular Sciences and Engineering. With exposure to the fundamental science subjects, Chemical Engineers are able to work in close collaboration with fellow engineering disciplines like Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Civil engineering — Chemical engineering offers unmatched opportunities to do great things.
MAKE IN INDIA initiative of Govt. of India will contribute great to the Oil & Gas sector which is expected to enhance the India's Refining capacity to reach 256.55 MMTPA by 2019-20 after completion of projects undertaken by a number of refineries which are currently under various stages of implementation. With the current growth rate of 14% the specialty chemical production sector will be shining star in the anticipated FDI opportunities in the coming years. Opportunities and prospects in Nanotechnology research coupled with energy infrastructure establishment over the globe indicate great future for chemical engineering graduate over the Globe.
What Do Chemical Engineers Do?
“Lead Society: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)”
It would take too long to list all the products that are impacted by chemical engineers, but knowing what industries employ them may help the aspirant to comprehend the scope of their work. Chemical Engineers work in Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, petrochemicals, food processing, specialty chemicals, microelectronics, electronic and advanced materials, Nanotechnology, polymers, business services, biotechnology, and environmental health and safety industries, among others.
• Chemical Engineers improve food processing techniques, and methods of producing fertilizers, to increase the quantity and quality of available food.
• Chemical Engineers construct the synthetic fibers that make our clothes more comfortable and water resistant; they develop methods to mass-produce drugs, making them more affordable;
• Chemical Engineers create safer, more efficient methods of refining petroleum products, making energy and chemical sources more productive and cost effective.
• Chemical Engineers develop solutions to environmental problems, such as pollution control and remediation.
• Chemical Engineers process chemicals, which are used to make or improve just about everything you see around you.
• Chemical engineers face many of the same challenges that other professionals face, and they meet these challenges by applying their technical knowledge, communication and teamwork skills; the most up-to-date practices available; and hard work.
• Chemical Engineers sometimes are called "Universal engineers" in view of the broad spectrum of areas in which they contribute.
Affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technologival University
Importance of basics in chemical Engineering for budding... Read More
SAINTGITS own Chapters in various professional bodies.The main goal is to serve as a common agency for stimulating and guiding its members to formulate the general goals and responsibilities of technical education for the service of mankind and the advancement of general welfare.
Indian Institute Of Chemical Engineers is a confluence of streams of...
The Indian Chemical Society is a scientific society dedicated in the...
Seeking to engage all SAINTGITS alumni in a mutually beneficial, lifelong connection to each other, and encourage alumni support and guidance to advance SAINTGITS’s eminence for future generations.